Friday 6 May 2011

Sweet Smooth Chocolaty Goodness

Something I have be craving for a while is Chocolate Pudding. As I was weaning out milk, I clung to the cheap, no-name chocolate pudding cups that I used in my "Frostycaps" (an amazing cross between a Frosty and an Ice Cappichino, I'll share later). I justified this with the fact that they contained very little actual milk and more soy than anything else. I eventually did wean this out too, though, as they never did leave me feeling too good.

Today, I searched for a dairy-free alternative, and found one.

Here it is to share with you:

Ingredients:

  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1 1/2 cups almond milk (vanilla or plain)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (if using plain)
  • 1/4 cup white sugar or agave nectar
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:

  1. In small bowl, combine cornstarch and water to form a paste.
  2. In medium saucepan over medium heat, stir together milk, vanilla, sugar, cocoa. When simmering add cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture returns to boiling. Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens. Remove from heat. Pudding will continue to thicken as it cools. Pour into bowls or small containers for freezing. If serving, top with a little cocoanut and shaved chocolate. Chill in refrigerator until completely cool or place into freezer when cooled for a lunch snack or future Frostycaps!

No comments:

Post a Comment